Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stupid Is As Stupid Does - Smoker Edition

Did you catch this little gem...
Police say a North Carolina man is dead after he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.

Havelock police received a 911 call about 9:55 p.m. Monday after 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning set himself on fire. Banning was transported to UNC Burn Center in Hill, where he died early Tuesday morning.

City spokeswoman Diane Miller said investigators believe Banning was at a friend's apartment when he apparently mistook a jar of gasoline sitting by the kitchen sink for a beverage. After taking a gulp, he spit the gas out and got some on his clothes.
Sometime later, investigators say Banning went outside to smoke a cigarette and burst into flame.

BTW the picture is from this story


Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello Hello

Saw this on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Fired up GIMP and fixed it...


Thursday, February 16, 2012


I was just channel surfing and came across one of the shows where they fish for catfish using just their hands. I've seen this before of course but I really started to wonder why this is entertainment. On The History Channel no less. They've sure gone downhill. The alien shows were awful unscientific speculation. Things like Swamp People might at least be called social studies. Pawn Stars has some historical learning value. But what the hell is bullshit?!!!

I understand that sometimes there can be alligators down in those holes. Here's hoping.

I need some totally inane show to take my mind off this. Did I just pass an old rerun of Bewitch?


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Santa Clara 49ers

Yep, they're moving south. You know, the ones that almost made it to the Super Bowl. All it took was $200M from the NFL and $850M from the taxpayers of Santa Clara.

Guess money is tight all over.


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm Back And I'm Stayin'

Fixed and ready to ride.

I'm promising myself three posts a week at least.