Friday, August 27, 2004

What I really think.

My last couple of posts may have given some readers (all two of you) the wrong ideas.

Do I hate Bakersfield?
Not at all. Sometimes I'm embarrased by it. No, really only some of the people. Actually Bakersfield is a very friendly kind of town. Lots of good people. Low cost of living, lousy air, too hot sometimes in the summer and too cold and gray in the winter. Beautiful mountains just 30 mins away, 2 hours to several good beachs, less than 2 hours to LA (great to visit, wouldn't want to live there).

Do I hate the Bakersfield Californian?
Nope, read it everyday. Better than a lot of papers in towns twice this size. Not even a bad editorial staff, but yes I disagree with them sometimes.

Am I a fu**ing liberal?
In some ways, but not most. I've voted for Reps & Dems. Libertarian is more like it but I'm not crazy enough to believe in no government like some of those nuts. Gotta have some but less would be better.

Don't like Bush or Kerry. Get rid of Fuhrer Ashcroft, NOW!

I believe in personnal freedom, free speech, a free press, seperation of church and state and the right to bear arms. I support the military and believe we should start locking up our borders and leave the rest of the world to fight its own battles - "Friends of freedom everywhere, but protectors of our own".

So you figure out a label, I don't have one.

<=========================================================> 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home