Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Real Time

I didn't get a chance to watch this weeks 'Real Time with Bill Maher' until Moday night. I was looking forward to it being the season finale and the show after the election.
Guests: former U.S. Senator Alan Simpson, actress Susan Sarandon, linguist and political analyst Noam Chomsky, comedian D.L. Hughley, columnist Andrew Sullivan, and former U.S. Representative Pat Schroeder.

I'm not sure I've ever sat through a more uncomfortable comedy show. Simpson seemed intent on dressing Maher down no mater how gracious he tried to be (and he was). Frankly I found him a humorless old fart.
"Well, you just made a little crack. You know, it was funny-funny, you know. Party-party. You know, those are little cracks. Those are smart, little cracks about the gay/lesbian people... You keep telling them. I think they're offensive. And I don't have to come on this program... So put that one in your pipe!" – Senator Alan Simpson
What a jerk!

Sarandon was off in liberal la-la land making wild claims of wide spread voter fraud and Bush steeling the election again. She's in terrible need of a dose of reality - Damn it Janet!

I kinda like Pat. She's pretty down to earth for a woman dem !
"George W. Bush did more for the death penalty than anyone. And I find it amazing that the Catholic hierarchy is pro-life but not for that. I mean, I think everybody was playing a real political game here. And I honestly think if you have leadership at the political level, that is like a trust. That is like a trust. And the real moral value is you don't lie to the people. You don't play with people." – Pat Schroeder

And you know I'm a really big free-speech advocate! So Noam Chomsky can say whatever he wants, but in my book he's the biggest fucking asshole pinko dickheaded needs-to-be-deported- to-any-fucking-where-else-as-long-is-it's-not-on-this-planet motherfucker around! And thank you Andrew Sullivan for saying so afterwards.

Episode airs again tonight on HBO2 @ 9 PM PST or HBO @ midnight.

<=========================================================> 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home