Thursday, June 23, 2005

Flag Burning

As usual congress works on the important stuff.



When was the last time you saw or heard of anyone in this country burning a flag? I'm guessing the Vietnam era was about the last. Yes they do it in other countries but this law won't do anything about that.
This is stupid legislation. All this does is desecrate the flag by helping to destroy the 1st amendment. Yes that's what I said. You don't understand what the flag stands for if you're willing to step all over the bill of rights to stop something that's not even a problem.

Would I ever burn a flag? Of course not.
First, I have no desire to do that. Second, I in fact respect the flag.
Would I hold someone who burned the flag in disdain?. Yep, but everybody has a right to be stupid. If you want to burn a flag you have that right, you're just not too bright. In today's political climate you would probably get the shit beat out you if you tried that around any group of Americans.

That's the true conservative stance. Not this piece of bullshit.

<=========================================================> 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home