Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Homerisms

I was watching the Simpsons a few ago when this classic Homerism came up -

Homer (to Lisa): "Honey, I've written you a song so shmaltzy it makes Moon River sound like an orangutan farting."

There's a ton of sites out there with Simpson trivia and some dedicated to just quotes from Homer.

Homer "But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we just make God madder and madder."

Homer (to Bart): "Son, a woman is a lot like a... (looks around) a refrigerator! They're about six feet tall, 300 pounds. They make ice, and... um... (spots his can of Duff) Oh, wait a minute. Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one! (downs the beer) But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!

Homer: "I think the saddest day of my life was when I realized I could beat my Dad at most things, and Bart experienced that at the age of four."

Homer taking an exam : “Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.”

Homer: "America's health care system is second only to Japan...Canada, Sweden, Great Britain...well, all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!"

Some of the best come from Homer's Phobia with John Waters -
Marge: Didn't John seem a little...festive to you?
Homer: Couldn't agree more, happy as a clam.
Marge: He prefers the company of men!
Homer: Who doesn't!

Homer: "You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming!"

Homer: Bart! Where did you get that shirt?
Bart: I'unno... Came outta the closet.
Homer: Uuuuuh....huh.

Here are some good ones:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Simpsons
http://www.angelfire.com/home/pearly/homer/homer-quotes1.html
http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/characters/homer-simpson-quotes.html

<=========================================================> 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahaha!

11:00 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Bake Town said...

I love the Simpson's sooo much.

2:23 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home