Thursday, October 11, 2007

Science & Education

Aside from our KHSD trustees concern over posting a national motto let's be concerned about something that matters. Science education has gone to hell in this country and here is why.



Russell Seitz (have I mentioned him before? read all his postings).
He points out how the video above had to get in a dig about sexism 50 years ago but here is most important part.
Will some one please dig up mortality stats comparing elevensomething amateur scientists and the meth lab operators that provide work for underemployed SWAT teams? it is hard to believe that theJunior Lab Technician death toll to date exceeds the number of fingers on a nitrogen tri-iodide enthusiast.

When only criminals have chemistry sets, kids will have only the most widely available non-household chemicals and solvents at their disposal . This means a lot of explosive propellants and detonating compounds, for tens of millions of households have ample ammunition in their gun closets, nitromethane and ether in their garages,and acetone and peroxides on their powder room cosmetic shelves.

http://adamant.typepad.com/seitz/2007/10/suitable-for-ye.html


The nanny state, overzealous law enforcement and lawyers can all take some blame. Oh and high school boards with misguided agendas too.

<=========================================================> 

4 Comments:

Blogger laura linger said...

Greetings from Sack Of Monkeys In My Pocket!

I like your blog very, very much. In fact, I would like to add you to my list of Assorted Sycophants And Other Liberals (i.e., my blogroll).

My man is an IT geek, so I was laughing out loud about your shutting off access to MySpace. He's been there, done that, and listened to the gripes.

Great stuff...glad I found you. :-)

Laura

12:53 PM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger Prof Frink said...

Well thank you. Of course you may add me.

OTH I may not be as liberal as you think.
see here
http://indigenousgeek.blogspot.com/2007/08/no-fun-at-all.html

Of course I seem that way 'cause this is Bakersfield.

And I like your blog to.

2:12 PM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger laura linger said...

Thank you much for the add.

And don't worry about the liberal bit. I am married to what I would refer to as a "Ronald Reagan Republican." I haven't kicked him out yet ;-)

3:47 PM, October 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Bob Lazar guy is one of the crazy area 51 people.

3:53 PM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home