Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Killing the Enemy

I was going to post some comments on all the news stories concerning the Marine you shot the so called 'unarmed man' but then I read read Mr. Foxe's post and I couldn't have come close to saying it one bit better.

article....................

I’m certainly not about to judge this young Marine who is there to fight for me. The Marine in question is in this hellhole, not me. I don’t know what I would have done to this vermin who had killed my friends and tried to kill me as well.

No. I think that even though I did not want this war I’ll support this young man. I think he did what he had to do. I think he was looking out for his buddies and even the embedded reporter Sites (who should be grateful and who, also, shouldn’t have been there in the first place).

I do know this about our Marines… the finest, most honorable and bravest soldiers the world has ever known: In almost any other army the soldier might have first shot the reporter before turning the gun on the “defenseless” enemy fighter.


snip......................

I have no clue what is wrong with the news organizations.

<=========================================================> 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home