Thursday, March 23, 2006

Religious Intolerance

Some people think I suffer from religious intolerance. Unbelievable! I assure you I have nothing but complete support for anyone to believe anything they want. First amendment and all that. Some would say that the Kliban cartoon I posted the other day shows that isn't true. Guess you didn't read what I just said. Get it straight.



You can believe in anything you want. So can I.

It's none of your business what I do believe in but I have enough conviction to state it. Do you have enough to act like the person you say you are. Don't judge others when you say that you don't.

Back off. HA! You can make fun of me. I'll certainly make fun of people I think are idiots. I'm an equal opportunity basher.

Quit trying to make laws to get everyone else to agree with your warped little view of the world. Majority doesn't always rule. Try reading the Declaration Of Independence and see what enlightenment was all about.

I strongly dislike fundamentalist of all colors. Christians, Jew, Muslims. Now here are people of intolerance. Insist your mottos be pasted all over the place. Pass laws to close up business on your sabbath. Put a man on trial for his life for converting from Islam to Christianity.

Come to my door with your kids all dressed in your Sunday best and I'll close the door. You invaded my property jerkface. Go back to your hall, I'll never bother you there or at your home.

Stop giving you and your like tax-free exemptions. If you run non-profit charities that's fine, but the accounting needs to be open and the perks to those who run it reasonable. Does anybody get TBN with those jerks sitting in golden chairs espousing the word of god? And please send us money to do god's work.

If you want to take backwardass 2000 year old writings as the absolute truth that's fine with me. Teach it to your kids at home or in Sunday school. I learned it that way. Stop trying to pretend it's science and force my kids to learn it in school.

Marriage is both a civil and religious contract, but they really aren't connected. If your church wants to restrict it to only certain people that's okay by me. But how the hell do you justify government giving that to one group and not another? My wife and I get a tax break by being married so why shouldn't two men or women have that same right? I can't see where it's any of my business. If government is suppose to be color-blind, age-blind and sex-blind in so many other respects why not all?

If you think Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell, The Pope, Ayatolla Assahola, The Grand Poobar or George Bush has all the answers you are welcome to it. I disagree. I prefer to think for myself, even when wrong.

The only thing I'm intolerent of is two-faced bigotted idiotic moronic fools.

Next.

Ahhh. Man that felt good. I haven't had a rant like that in a long time.

<=========================================================> 

2 Comments:

Blogger Bake Town said...

Amen to that.

2:33 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Prof Frink said...

To paraphrase a classic

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Better listen to him, Flounder, he's a bartender.

1:49 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home