Tuesday, July 11, 2006

News

Where do you get it? Hopefully from a lot of sources.
Now I read The Bakersfield Californian every morning (I've twenty minutes to spare - HA!). Usually before that I watch a half hour or so of news while laying in bed before I get up. Some local just to catch the weather and whatever 'BIG' stories have occurred. Maybe a little CNN or Faux News or Channel 5 (wait they don't even call themselves that anymore - KTLA - sheeeeesh - fuck up your own brand recognition).

A whole lot of crap with a little news. SFGate, and The LA Times online. Google news is my favorite aggregator. For RSS feeds it's FireFox live bookmarks and way too many feeds. Since I'm a professional computer geek, must reads include The Register, The Inquirer, eWeek, ZDnet and Cnet. And I read a few blogs that don't have RSS feeds. Oh and comics online to get all the ones I like that our humble little fish wrapper won't carry. Comics.com, Gocomics.com (used to be ucomics) SFGate and Seattle Post-Inquirer. Gotta do the crosswords - LA Times and back to SPI latter if I have some time for extra xword amusement.

I have no use for talk radio left or right. I turn on Bob & Tom for the laughs. I no longer read news magazines, having the internet has replaced that.

Maybe I get enough as it is.

What I really wanted to bring up however was my new favorite. Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I usually can catch it at 5 if I'm not working late (I know what you're thinking, Yes I'd rather be at RT having a beer or three at that time but I've been behaving lately). One guy I read said Olbermann, who he likes, was kind of snarky.
If he means witty and cynical, yeah that's Keith. A lot of people would call me that too - well less witty, more cynical. Must be why I like him.

Yeah he is a little bit liberal. So is John Stewart. But while I'm a political conservative about a lot of things I'm not a hardhead lockstepping right winger. I wouldn't watch O'Really if it came with a $1000 bonus and a blowjob. I'd rather be informed and entertained then preached to.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann - highly recommended.

<=========================================================> 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess its safe to say you dont watch a hard hitting show like on the record with Greta Vansusteren or whatever her name is.

6:28 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Prof Frink said...

GVS was okay but never outstanding in my book. What was her claim to fame? Covering OJ., please.....

Then sHe gets that scary looking face makeover. Didn't talking out the side of her mouth like a DI need work first?

Now she moves to Faux News. The MR News Corp rightwing billionaire propaganda machine. Fair & Balanced. Hh ha ha ha ha ha..........

11:09 AM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, her show is so soft I watch to lull my ass to sleep.

10:30 PM, July 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home