Friday, April 27, 2007

Tao of Gonzo

Busy week and I've posted nothing. Maybe some Gonzo...

http://jeffrey-feldman.typepad.com/frameshop/
2007/04/frameshop_the_t.html


THE TAO OF GONZO (a.k.a., The Spiritual Side of Twisting the Truth)

Verse 1:

"I now understand that there was a conversation between me and the President." --Tao of Gonzo, Apr 19, 2007

Ah, yes. Here we are introduced to a moment of deep spiritual contemplation. There are times in our lives, he is saying, when we understand the experiences we have when we are having them. I ate a sandwich, I understand. I drive to work, I understand. But there are other times when we have an experience, but we do not understand the experience as such at the time. For argument's sake, we could call these "moments we are breaking the law." For example, if we are having a conversation with the President and his advisers about illegally circumventing the authority of Congress, it may be difficult to understand that it is happening at the time. One might say, I am having this conversation, but is this really me? Is this really a conversation? Is this really a law and if it is not a law, then can I be breaking this law in this conversation that may or may not be happening? These are moments of spiritual drift, vagueness of identity. Am I undermining the Constitution? Hard to say. Am I in violating the public trust? Hard to say. Am I in charge of my own actions? Not clear. They are moments of great spiritual questioning, wonderment, lack of understanding.



<=========================================================> 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home