Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bakersfield Sign

Lot of talk about the Bakersfield signs and motto n.l. has a good article here
http://www.nlbelardes.com/blogger/2006/07/
bakersfield-life-as-it-should-be-gets.html


I've had my own thoughts for a long time and expressed them here and elsewhere.
Something like a quarter scale Bakersfield arch.


I'm serious about the look of the signs. As anyone who knows me realizes the motto is a joke. I actually like Bakersfield, just not everything about it. I really hate stupid feel-good-chamber-of-commerce mottos that make no sense.

<=========================================================> 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that much better than the armpit of California.

4:24 PM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Nick Belardes said...

Besides, the curve of the sign is a natural crotch to hold such crotch words... in the crotch of CA... so to speak...

3:30 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Nick Belardes said...

The more I think about it you might want to change the crotch part. Cause then the local band, Krotch is going to totally take advantage and put the logo on their drum kit. :)

4:20 PM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home